Winter holiday in Obertauern
Winter activities offside the slopes
You are also sporty offside the slopes? No problem!
In Obertauern you will find lots of other sporty activities in the snow. With a stay in our hotels in Obertauern you will have the best starting point to the different winter activities.
At the Salzburg ski resort of Obertauern, you will find well-kept slopes for cross-country skiing. Classic cross-country skiers and skating style lovers will find a variety of diverse trails in Obertauern. Winter holidays in Obertauern offer both beginners and cross-country skiing professionals a real challenge.
Cross-country suggestions in Obertauern and surroundings
- Schaidberg cross-country skiing trail – Length: 1.5 km; ideal for cross-country newcomers, but also ideal to warm up for advanced endurance sports fans
- Hundsfeld cross-country skiing trail – Length: 6 km; beautiful track across the protected area of the Hundsfeld Moor with quick access to the sports complex; entry: Above the Lürzer Alm or north of the sports centre
- World Cup Ski Trail – Length: 10 km; moderate, somewhat demanding trail; Entry: Either at the base station of the Gamsleiten chairlift or opposite the post office
- Taurach cross-country ski trail – Length: 13 km; mild to moderate trail; connects Untertauern and Radstadt
- Gnadenalm cross-country skiing trail – Length: 15 km; wonderful high-altitude trail for all levels of difficulty (classic and skating) including biathlon shooting range. Entry: about 4 minutes from the town of Obertauern.
- Twenger Au cross-country ski trail – Length: 23 km; connects Tweng with Mauterndorf and is the longest trail in the region; Entry: Franzenbauer in the centre of Tweng, near the timber yard in Tweng Landtschfeld, opposite Purnbauer in Vordertweng and at the Maly bus stop
With your family, explore the winter landscape in Obertauern in a different way.
A guided snowshoe hike is the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful natural scenery by hiking on snow-covered trails through the sparkling white landscape. An unforgettable winter experience for all ages.
A romantic feeling and the peace of winter are the perfect companions to a sleigh ride through the snowy winter landscape in Obertauern. The sleigh ride will take you from the Gnadenalm back to Hintergnadenalm and lasts about an hour. In the Gnadenalm Restaurant, you can finish off your trip by dining on delicious delicacies.
Our horse-drawn sleighs can accommodate two to 28 people.
Snowkiting & snowbiking
While you’re on holiday at our 4- star Hotel LÜ why not try a new kind of sport? The winter paradise of Obertauern has just the right suggestion for you:
Snowkiting – a combination of skiing and kiting
The popular sport of snowkiting will let you slide on your skis or snowboard over the powdery snow with a kite. For experienced skiers, this sport can often be learned in a short time. It’s an adrenaline rush of a special kind!
Snow biking – with a snow bike on the slopes of Obertauern.
A completely new experience that combines biking and skiing. You can move intuitively and after a short training session, you’ll be doing turns on the perfectly-groomed slopes in Obertauern. Even difficult descents will be easy to handle. You’ll have a great time riding your snow bike across the slopes.
If you and your family feel like a toboggan ride, then you have come to the right place. With a total of 6.5 kilometres, the Obertauern ski area offers delightful tobogganing. You should definitely take a fun ride on one of our toboggan runs, whether you choose a sunny winter day or a romantic night under the stars.